Reading time ( words)
MKS Instruments announced its participation in the upcoming CPCA Show 2023, the international electronic circuits exhibition in Shanghai, China held from March 22-24, 2023. MKS will be present with representatives from two of its strategic brands, Atotech and ESI, and present its latest products and manufacturing solution for printed circuit board and package substrate manufacturing.
Product experts from overseas will be joining the local team and be available to discuss the latest industry trends and challenges, as well as introduce the new combined product offering consisting of PCB production equipment (wet-to-wet process equipment, laser systems, and auxiliaries), chemistry, software, and service. The company will be exhibiting at booth 7T26 and this year’s product highlights include:
- V-Plate: The new gold standard for vertical conveyor plating equipment for next-generation HDI PCB and package substrates
- InPro SAP6: The new high-end electrolyte for vertical processing of next-generation package substrates
- New Uniplate: The industry-leading horizontal plating tool for next-generation HDI PCBs and package substrates manufacturing
- Printoganth MV TP2: Next-generation electroless copper for fine-line SAP applications
- BondFilm EX: New bonding enhancement solution for low signal loss high-frequency applications
- PallaBond: Direct pure EPAG for high-end circuitry and reliability application
- CapstoneTM: Flex PCB UV drilling tool for high-performance breakthrough productivity
- GeodeTM: HDI PCB and package substrate high-precision CO2 via drilling tool
It’s summertime, but the industry is staying pretty busy. This week, we have news about our industry putting pressure on our elected officials to provide funding for U.S. companies under the CHIPS Act, and a counterfeit parts symposium presented by SMTA in Maryland next month. We also bring you articles about ultra HDI design and material selection, and our most recent On the Line with… podcast with Zac Elliott of Siemens.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
This week has been both speedy and newsy. Of course, those two characteristics often seem to travel as a pair, don’t they? A four-day week here in the United States, accompanied by a wave of high-impact news from a wide variety of sources, would suggest that readers could be expected to spread out all over the news map. Not so much, judging from readership numbers; folks all found their highest value in the same type of news coverage. This week's list of must-reads is dominated by market reports as a result of that focused readership. On our list, we have PCB fabrication and EMS book-to-bill reports, a 10-year market forecast report, and a supply chain sentiment report. In addition, readers flocked to the EWPTE show coverage. Finally, we saw significant reader interest in the most recent podcast on sustainability in our logistical operations.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
This week, our must-reads include reporting on the new PCB support legislation, now submitted to the U.S. House of Representatives; financial results from two Tier 1 manufacturers, which readers read quite thoroughly; ESG in Asia Pacific; new features from Altium; global sourcing; and a “How I got here” interview with an up and coming industry expert.