Reading time ( words)
In electronics product design, PCB thermal management that ensures adequate component cooling is important for reliability. Demands for compact designs and reduced costs drive a need for accurate and early evaluation of cooling options during design ideation phase.
Thermal vias offer opportunities to enhance heat dissipation away key components on a PCB. Register now for a new webinar on April 11, 2019, and learn how to model thermal vias quickly and accurately at different stages of PCB design.
Two live sessions are available April 11. Topics include:
- How thermal vias can assist in heat dissipation on a PCB
- How to model thermal vias during development; simple to explicit detailed approaches
- Methods applied to an example model of a component mounted on a PCB with thermal vias
To register, click here.
- Article: PCB thermal design in Automotive Display Clusters
- New Flotherm XT virtual lab: Try CAD-centric smart electronics cooling 30 day free trial
Incl. updated real world models (ADAS cameras + Drone quadcopter, IGBT calibration) and tutorials + videos
- Video: Reducing thermal simulation time for PCBs using Substitute Layer Analysis
- Article: 6 Sigma methods applied to electronics cooling design